The last day to order a 2016-7 yearbook is April 1st! Don’t miss out on the chance to get a colorful, fun yearbook! Prices are $24 for soft cover, and $29 for hard cover.
Other options (like sticker sheets, additional autograph inserts, personalized covers, etc.) range from $1.50 – $5.00 each. Order online at: ybpay.lifetouch.com Yearbook ID Code: 12233817 or in the office and make payment to: AAUWJ (We highly recommend using the online payment option as the order goes directly to the publisher.)
Math at Ascent Academy will be celebrating π day this year on 3/13 (π day eve for B-Day classes) and 3/14 for A-Day classes.
- π memorization – who can memorize the most digits of π!
- The Art of π – an art project to celebrate π.
- Pie eating – what’s a celebration without food and what better food to eat on π day than pie?
I will be asking for donations of pie for the celebration and a permission slip will be coming home soon.
Thank you for your patience as it has been a bit too long since I updated my blog. You should be able to find much more information you need now. Email me if you cannot find what you need.
The prize for the lottery has not been decided yet but I will let you know when it is!
- Create one of the numbers using all four digits of the year 2017 only once.
- Repeating digits is not allowed, nor is using less then the four (2, 0, 1, 7)
- You may use any mathematical operation:
- Add (+), Subtract (–), multiply () and divide (÷)
- Decimal points
- Absolute value
- Once a number has been filled it is out of the contest
- Each mathematically correct entry for available numbers earns an entry into a raffle
If I were to try to get zero (not in the contest but as an example) I could do:
2.17 • 0
I used the four digits, 2, 0, 1, 7 to calculate zero.
Here is the file for login for ALEKS. Go to the tab of your class and find your name.
Login for ALEKS
We have a field trip on Thursday this week to see Oklahoma at Copper Hills HS. We will be walking there and will be back in time for lunch.
Also, order your yearbook! The price goes up by $2 on November 18th!
We have started term two. I actually began grades for term 2 on my drop dead day last week. So you may see several assignments listed with a due date of 10/31. Some of those were due the week before. Let me know if you have any questions.
I’ve put in some links to help on specific topics for each grade on the grade’s main tab. Check them out!
I hope you enjoyed your Labor Day Weekend! I have all the class notes updated. I will be updating grades Tuesday morning. Let me know if you have any questions!